Marieke van Egmond
- Policy researcher
- Telephone number
- +31 6 25 71 83 18
- Email address
Marieke van Egmond works as a policy research officer in IOB’s foreign affairs cluster. She obtained her doctorate at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences in the field of cross-cultural psychology. She has worked as a lecturer and researcher at several universities in Germany and published in the areas of migration, radicalisation, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and education. She has also worked as a research consultant in development cooperation in the areas of education, SRHR and female empowerment.
- Van Egmond, M.C., Hanke, K., Omarshah, T., Navarrete Berges, A., Zango, V. & Sieu, C. (2020). Self‐esteem, motivation and school attendance among sub‐Saharan African girls: A self‐determination theory perspective. International Journal of Psychology.
- Van Egmond, M.C., Omarshah, T., Navarrete Berges, A. et al. (2019). The relationship between caregivers’ gender equality norms and girls’ need satisfaction and self-esteem under conditions of resource scarcity. Motivation & Emotion. doi:10.1007/s11031-019-09808-3.
- Van Egmond, M.C., Navarrete Berges, A., Omarshah, T. & Benton, J. (2017). The role of intrinsic motivation and the satisfaction of basic psychological needs under conditions of severe resource-scarcity. Psychological Science, 28 (6), 822-828. doi:10.1177/0956797617698138.
- Lyons-Padilla, S., Gelfand, Mirahmadi, H., Farooq, M. & Van Egmond, M. (2015). Belonging nowhere: Marginalization & radicalization risk among Muslim immigrants. Behavioral Science & Policy, 1(2), 1–12. doi: 10.1353/bsp.2015.0019.
- Contact person for the Behavioural Insights Network Netherlands