Dr. Meike de Goede
- Senior policy researcher
- Telephone number
- +31 70 348 55 87 / +31 6 46 85 41 04
- Email address
Meike de Goede works as a researcher on migration studies at IOB. She obtained her doctorate at the University of St Andrews for her PhD thesis, Consuming Democracy, about peace-building in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Meike has worked as a lecturer and researcher at Leiden University. She has also worked in development cooperation on peace-building and democratisation initiatives in Southern and Central Africa.
- Goede, M.J. de (2018). ‘Resistance and Exclusion in Matsouanist Narratives of Decolonisation in French Congo’. French History, Special Issue ‘French Colonial Histories from Below’, Vol. 32, No. 4, 554-572.
- Goede, M.J. de (2015). ‘“Mundele it is because of you”: History, Identity and the Meaning of Democracy in the Congo’. Journal of Modern African Studies, Vol. 53, No. 4, 583-609.
- Goede, M.J. de (2015). Consuming Democracy: Local Agencies and Liberal Peace in the Democratic republic of Congo. Leiden: Africa Studies Centre.
- Goede, M.J. de (2015). ‘Kinshasa, a City of Refugees’. In J.-B. Gewald and A. Akinyoade (eds), African Roads to Prosperity: People en Route to Socio-Cultural and Economic Transformations (264-278). Leiden: Brill.
- Goede, M.J. de & C. van der Borgh (2008). ‘A Role for Diplomats in Post-War Transitions? The Case of the International Committee in Support of the Transition in the Democratic Republic of the Congo’. African Security, Vol. 1, no. 2.