Paul de Nooijer
- Coordinating policy researcher
- Telephone number
- +31 70 348 69 37
- Email address
Paul de Nooijer began as an intern in 1980 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (evaluation Categories IIIc and IIIa programmes). He completed a research master in sociology (specialising in applied sociology) at the University of Amsterdam (1983) and a bachelor degree in law at the same university (1980). In the early 1980s, he participated in the evaluations of the operational expert and junior professional programmes.
From mid-1984 to mid-1990, Paul worked for the United Nations (1984-1986: UNDP, Khartoum, Sudan; 1986-1989: IFAD and WFP, Rome, Italy; 1989-1990: WFP Vientiane, Laos).
After returning to the Netherlands, he worked for Nuffic (1990-1995), VNG International (1995-1996) and SPAN Consultants (1996-2010). He joined IOB in February 2010.
- Dutch support to sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Gender mainstreaming in foreign and development cooperation policy
- The ex-durante M&E and related advice regarding the Challenge Fund for youth employment
- IOB (2018). Laveren met een vaste koers. Beleidsdoorlichting non-proliferatie, wapenbeheersing en exportcontrole van strategische goederen (‘Navigating with a fixed course. Policy review of non-proliferation, arms control and export control of strategic goods.’)
- IOB (2016). Voorkomen is beter dan genezen. Evaluatie over Nederland en de WHO 2011-2015 (‘Prevention is better than cure. Evaluation of the Netherlands and WHO 2011-2015’).
- IOB (2015). Premises and Promises. A study of the premises underlying the Dutch policy for women's rights and gender equality.
- IOB (2015). Gender, peace and security. Evaluation of the Netherlands and UN Security Council resolution 1325.
- IOB (2015). Evaluation of the MDG3 Fund. 'Investing in Equality' 2008-2011.
- IOB (2015). Gender sense & sensitivity. Policy evaluation on women's rights and gender equality 2007-2014.
- IOB (2013). The Netherlands and the European Development Fund – Principles and practices. Evaluation of Dutch involvement in EU development cooperation (1998-2012).
- IOB (2011). The two-pronged approach: Evaluation of Netherlands support to primary education in Bangladesh.
- De Nooijer, P. & O. Abagi (2009). Final Evaluation of the IUC partner programme with the University of Nairobi. VLIR.
- De Nooijer, P. & R. Engels (2008). Scientific project selection systems in Flanders and worldwide - Inspiration for the optimization of the VLIR-UOS selection systems. VLIR.
- De Nooijer, P. & G. Edelenbosch (2004). Education in Egypt – a desk study.
- De Nooijer, P. (1996). Higher Education in the Occupied Territories. Nuffic Papers 7.