Dr. Alexander Otgaar
- Coordinating policy researcher
- Telephone number
- +31 70 348 49 37 / +31 6 11 72 83 16
- Email address
Alexander Otgaar has been working at IOB since 2017 on the themes of international responsible business conduct (IRBC) and sustainable development.
He read business economics at Erasmus University (MSc, 1998), where he also obtained his doctorate (PhD, 2010) and worked as a lecturer and researcher/consultant. In that capacity, he was involved in evaluations of the development-related export transactions programme (ORET) and the PUM Senior Experts programme.
At IOB, Alexander is the contact point for evaluations of various private-sector development programmes and the application of IRBC policy. He is also closely involved in reviewing the aid, trade and investment policy.
- IOB (2019). Mind the governance gap, map the chain. Evaluation of the Dutch government's policy on international responsible business conduct (2012-2018).
- IOB (2019). Evaluation of the Dutch National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines.
- IOB (2015). Work in Progress. Evaluation of the ORET Programme: Investing in Public Infrastructure in Developing Countries.
- Wind, N. van der, A. Otgaar, M. Heydenreich, N. de Jong, H. Slegtenhorst, H. van der Veer & J. Witte (2016). Evaluation of PUM Netherlands Senior Experts 2012-2015.
- Otgaar. A. (2012). 'Towards a common agenda for the development of industrial tourism'. Tourism Management Perspectives, Vol. 4, 86-91.
- Otgaar, A., J. Klijs & L. van den Berg (2011). Towards Healthy Cities: Comparing Conditions for Change. Routledge.
- Otgaar, A. (2010). Industrial Tourism: Where the public meets the private. ERIM, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Berg, L. van den, E. Braun & A. Otgaar (2004). 'Corporate community involvement in European and US cities'. Environment & Planning C, Vol. 22, No. 4, 475-494.