- Cluster Leader Foreign Affairs Policy Research
- Telephone number
- +31 6 52 50 33 24
- Email address
At IOB, Arjan manages the Foreign Affairs cluster, which conducts research and evaluations in the areas of the EU, security and rule of law, and consular services. As a member of the management team, Arjan also helps to guide the change process to make IOB more relevant for policy design and delivery.
At the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Arjan has worked for the Horn of Africa, Education and Research, Development Policy and Coherence, and as an advisor. Previously he worked for SNV/Netherlands Development Organisation in various countries as programme manager and at the main office as regional manager for East and Southern Africa.
- Counterterrorism policy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Common Security and Defence Policy
- NL-EU coordination (e.g. on migration, the climate)
- Coherence and impact of programmes in conflict areas (country studies)
- Evaluation of the Reconstruction Programme, the Strategic Partnerships Chronic Crises Programme, and the Addressing Root Causes Tender Process - Less Pretension, More Realism
- AJACS, White Helmet and NLA: Review of the monitoring systems of three projects in Syria
- Policy Review of Dutch cooperation with UN development agencies
- Policy review Consular services
- Evaluation of the Netherlands as host country for international organisations
- Policy Review of Dutch contribution to the European neighbourhood policy